The following steps are an overview of how to manually install and run Mango.
- Download and install Java JDK, see Installing Java for more details.
- If you use Linux or Mac you can use the install script to download and install Mango.
- Download the Mango full zip file.
- Extract the zip file into a directory of your choice (e.g. /opt/mango or C:\mango).
- Set the mango_paths_home environment variable to the path where you installed Mango (recommended but not required).
- Edit mango.properties to suit your configuration, see installation configuration for more details.
- Start Mango by running
$mango_paths_home/bin/start-mango.sh(Linux and Mac) or
%mango_paths_home%\bin\mango.cmd(Windows) from your terminal / command prompt window respectively.
NOTE: Previously Mango used to restart itself via a script. Mango no longer does this, if you want Mango to restart automatically you should start it via systemd or a Windows service.
For more detailed instructions please see the following links for each supported operating system:
Logging in for the first time
Mango ships with a default admin user. After logging in for the first time, the admin user’s password should be changed.
- Navigate to the web interface using a supported browser.
- Log in with the username
- You must read the Mango license which is presented and agree to its terms.
- Change the admin user’s password.